Monday, 28 July 2014

Invalid Characters Prefixed with the Files

    Have got the issue reported from the receiver (Customer), that I am sending some special characters like below along the XML document. But I could not find the cause for this special characters as there is no encryption or custom pipeline used.

   After some Hours of Googling, I found the solution – Preserve BOM from the stack overflow forum, which is fixed and working fine.

Issue and solution:

       There is a Pipeline (XML Transmit) Property which has properties called as “Preserve BOM” as shown below, if it is set is true, then the file will be prefixed with BOM – check the link for more information on using BOM.

For my issue, I have set the flag to false, and then it seems that the file sent does not contain any special characters (BOM) which solves the issue.